Monday, November 28, 2011

Not Waiting For the First of the Year

I realize starting a fitness journey again is not usually done just before the holidays.  However, when is it a good time to eat through every emotion, weigh more than during pregnancy and be sad every time you see yourself in a full length mirror???  Never.  So this girl has no more excuses.

 
This is important to me.  Today I was at the gym at 5 in the morning.  We did the first day of a 5K training program (1.25 miles, 25 minutes) and then lifted free weights (upper body) for 35 minutes.  I had a BodyWise protein shake for breakfast and lunch, one light snack of cottage cheese and sugar free bread and butter pickles and tonight (hour and a half of shuttling kids) I had a fresco chicken soft taco and bean burrito from Taco Bell (don't judge me).  Then tonight a pear for a snack.  Always room to improve but better than what it could have looked like.

I am ready to put this out there.  At least I think I am.  My weight.  UGH!!  I struggle with posting it but my deepest hope is that if even one person can relate to my situation and can find strength from my journey, then posting a few numbers is worth it.  I thought of waiting until I had lost 50 lbs and then stated where I was and just let people do the math but really who am I kidding??  Part of my problem is that I can hide behind clothes and my "pretty face" to hide my real size.  So here goes.  Hoping by posting this it will be the last time I see these numbers.

And while I am not ready to post a full length picture in a sports bra and spandex...I will post a few pictures from recent days.

Today before work.


A couple weeks ago at work.


Halloween Trip to Salt Lake


Midnight Madness Craft Night.....Notice my beautiful mom and sisters. 
I want to be more like them.


274.2 lb - Nov 28, 2011

NO EXCUSES!!!  Time for bed.  Four thirty comes pretty early.

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! You can do this. I think you did a great choice at Taco Bell. You still have to eat, if you don't ever give yourself food you like it will never work. It is all about moderation and making good choices. way to go! love ya, Shar

    ReplyDelete