Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Regaining My Momentum

SparkPeople has been a major part of helping me reach my almost 40 pound weight loss. In January I started a weight loss competition and progress was measured through the sparkpeople site. I have been using Spark People to find motivation, track my food and weight loss, and keep me focused. When I find myself struggling I have been able to turn to Spark for inspiration. Just yesterday I was reading this article on Spark... 25 Ways to Get Back on Track Today. I had so much momentum with weight loss the first half of this year. And since September I have had little momentum or motivation. I choose to do some of the items listed in the article to get me back on track...
1. Eat a healthy breakfast. I oddly have really been enjoying a bowl of oatmeal and a banana for breakfast.
2.Drink Water. I always have water on me now! I notice such a difference. So this is a HUGE one to do.
3.Look at motivational spark pages. I love to see other people find success in this difficult battle. Seeing others before and after pics are a great motivation for me. (which makes me consider posting some of mine, we shall see)
4. Track food- not the best at this but it is something nice to do.
5.Share my Goals. This blog is where I am sharing my goals. I will be changing them each week.
6. I already workout regularly so I am now trying to give a little more effort in the exercises.


I am working my momentum back up and it feels so good. I am already seeing results just in the past three days. I know its so hard to get out of the rut of too much food consumption but you just have to make the decision to use portion control and better food choices. Then stick to it. Like the saying goes... Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

No comments:

Post a Comment