Sunday, April 22, 2012

Weekends

Just a quick thought.....have to get ready for church.  Since starting abstinence (not eating my trigger foods and following my meal plan), 21 days ago, I have been able to make it through the weekends without sabotaging the work I did through the week.  I have not been able to lose any weight through the weekend.  Looks like this weekend I will break that pattern.

Grateful for the support I have found in OA.  A few weeks ago a member from group came up to me after the meeting. He told me that I didn't need to make this journey alone.  He told me to reach out and share my burden with the others. (Don't think he realized what he was setting in motion.)  This last week, starting Monday, I reached out.  Following his advice has made all the difference.  I connected with three members from group Friday.  Not only me reaching out to them, they are reaching out to me.  Through our shared weakness, our shared desire to overcome our addiction and a dedication to support each other through recovery, my/our goals are reachable.  Not only do I have restored faith in my ability to succeed, I am witness that it happens.  Every day, in small and simple ways, my life, my heart, my journey is changing.  Building relationships, fully loving myself, sharing the message of recovery are primary.  The number on the scale has become a secondary benefit.  Truly amazing discoveries along this journey.....and it has only begun.

Today and always, my blessings are beyond measure.

Happy Sunday!!  I love this day.


Friday- Day 19 of Abstinence - First day I can notice a visible change in my reflection.






No comments:

Post a Comment