Deciding I needed a consistent day to post my weight, Wednesday seemed like a good one. I can't begin to express all the changes that I have experienced the last 17 days. To me, the daily changes seem almost insignificant. I see the scale moving but nothing I can see in the mirror.... yet. Clothes are fitting a little better but that could be cause they weren't dried in the dryer as long. :) Yet, the other day at work, a co-worker saw me (hadn't been in the office for a week) and blurted out I looked great and he could tell I was losing weight. *BLUSH* Although I am not seeing it in my reflection quite yet, I am confidant it will happen.
Benefits that I am seeing:
- my thoughts are not constantly filled with ideas of food - what will I eat next, when will I eat, should I eat, should I not eat, what are they eating, why didn't I eat that, and on and on....
- my appetite has gone down - not sure why that is except that the longer I go without wheat and sugar the lower my cravings for them become
- I am eating all day.....I do not limit the quantities I eat......when I want to eat I just make sure it is on my food plan
- no heartburn
- no plantar fasciitis
- more energy
- sleeping better
- lower depression...or treated with exercise and diet if I feel it coming on
- less moody
- more confidence
- made it through a two day, lock us in a room for 16 hours, put sugar treats on every table, training.....and I stayed on plan (only once did I have to ask my co-worker/mother to put her potato chips in her bag and not on the table in front of me)
- confidence....did I say that?
I am finding the reward is in the gains.
Since starting abstinence 17 days ago,
Starting weight: April 1: 274
Today's weight: April 18: 263.......9 lbs in 17 days
Since my highest in February......279.......down 16 lbs total.
Friends....please feel free to leave your thoughts......the support and encouragement is strengthening and I love to hear what things other people are doing for their health.